Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Words, that's all I can say

The right words are hard to come by. There are moments that there are too much to say and you're so excited that nothing comes out.. I think that's where the expression "speechless" came from..

I've heard recently that we are living in the framework of our words.. Words are just words, true. The words that you learn along your life give limit to what you want to say. Vocabulary, that's what I mean. Lets say you want to express yourself but you have a limited vocab. For example, there's only the word "pretty" in your dictionary.. I'm pretty, you're pretty.. very soon the word wears out.. and the word looses part of the meaning because of repetition. Now imagine a wider choice of words... Georgeous, amazing, beautiful, handsome, adorable, cute, etc. The variety choice of the words adds the spice to our life. So learn up new words.. its fun when you try to use it for the first time.. but the fact is, learning IS trying it out. Take that step to add a little salt and pepper to your dictionary.

If we are indeed living in the framework of our words, why should we limit the framework? If I can encourage myself with a set of 5 words, what more can 10 words do? Not only that, its a way to encourage others as well. Thats why words are all I can say- I have the power to strengthen you, or bring you down. Just with words.

Imagine yourself holding a feather outside.. and you let go of that feather- it flies. Then you try to retrieve it but the wind blows it away.. Words, once said, its hard to retrieve; its not easy to take back what you say. Be careful of what you say, it may define who you are. Of course the part where you walk the talk equally defines you but that term speaks for itself. Still, not many realise the power of words.

The negative thinking, those negative words. If that's all you can say, keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear how difficult life is- because that's how life IS, don't make it worse. I'm not saying you shouldn't share your problems with your friends though there would be a thin line separating "sharing" and "complaining". Yet I wouldn't like people going around saying... "die lor, die lor.. how leh? sure mati kao kao wan!!... bla bla..". If thats all I can say, I'd rather keep my mouth shut.

Its a fact,
~Alice

No comments: