Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Finish Line

Everyday I see people rushing to work, rushing assignments, doing what needs to be done.. stressing over stuff.. I can see myself doing those things. What I'm always aiming to know now is- why am I doing this. Every day I think about this. I want my day to have meaning. To pray is one thing but does it have meaning for me?

Sometimes I guess, things are clearer when you get involved with the people around you. Where I am at in this marathon called LIFE..I realised I pause too long..

Marathon runners need high stamina but even as I run thus far,and if I stop too long, my body's compensation mechanism start to kick in, to replace the lactic acid buildup. Breathing becomes harder, the body becomes heavy and the muscle starts to ache- makes one feel not to want to resume the race... Then, I see the others running by..one, by one, by one..
And then I would wonder, where am I at on the track? How much more to go? Should I stay, or move out and resume the race to the finish line?

From the dates of the this blog entries (archives) alone, you can clearly see what is my status. Now I have resumed the race only to see the runners like dots in the distance. Needing some serious strategy to catch up. The race is still on.

p/s I've lost my touch on poem writing.. Got to get back on the patch and pull out the weeds.

Thanks Bro~CG was great. Looking forward to part 2- 19/06/09

Aiming for the Finish Line,
~Alice

No comments: