Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Fullness of God

Friday yesterday was another free day for me. But I was glad to have gone to the service at CHC. Not knowing who Pastor Andrew Gray was or his preaching, I was expecting a good message. When it came to it- He "wow'ed" me. Straight on to a fast pace. He said, " I Couldn't be more excited when I preach a topic like this". Guess what it was?
The Fullness Of God-
Phrase after phrase caught me-
"God is CONSTANTLY looking for opportunities to bless you". He quoted many verses from the bible about the promises including 1 Peter 1 2-4, Ephesians 14-19 and Genesis 26-28. From these verses I read the promises of God~ to want us to be filled with His fullness and has a plan for us to be so. Which means, blessings and prosperity is coming my way..haha.. its just a matter of time.
Other than that, stressed on the power of words and Faith. God's first words were for creation and not communication. I agree with Ps Andrew. Words are power, and I am living in the framework of my words. What I say will be so, because I said it. What is in the heart, the mouth will speak out. Powerful, powerful. I know I've heard it many times before but its still the truth, and the fact. Words can either create or destroy. Sometimes its hard to control because I don't like something or fee annoyed by someone or just disaggree with anything. Yet, to control the heart is to know the promises; to have knowledge that would remind me not to do it.
He went on, "What you know means nothing unless there is a revelation of the knowledge put into you".. Its like learning something but without meaning or purpose. Reminded me of those days of reading just for the sake of it. I just want to get through life..until I got lost without purpose without direction. Haha.. that was the past.. but this is the present. Ps. did mention something about this but I couldn't catch it.
So, How do I know the Promises are coming my way? FAITH. Ps defined it. "you have it before you even see it".. like speaking into the nothingness with nothing but the word of the heart.
God does not wait for the circumstances to be perfect. He has the power in His mouth. The circumstances will align themselves to the my word of faith. But I must first make a conscious decision to believe.
......Speechless.....
The sermon was fast, I couldn't catch all of it.. yet, overall, the points were great. Its going to be different for Saturday and Sunday.. Don't want to miss it..
Prepared- Pen, Notebok, Heart,
~Alice

No comments: