Saturday, May 23, 2009

Smile and Lead

If you think ushering is easy.. its not. So far no major problems with anything yet. Only my second time and its Rev Dr Kong Hee's service!! Waaa..... thats a whole lot of people coming in.. and tonight's another round!!

I really admire their spirit. I think they have sort of a theme- "Usherers are there to solve problems" specifically the seating problems. Making sure its all in order and everyone gets a seat. Haha.. I was blur. It seems this happens a lot when the uncertainty overwhelms. I was always the observer and still new at this, I thrusted into the field with no experience. Well, learning first hand is the best...

Yesterday was a taste of something of the future.. I stood through the entire service- smelly shoes and all. Nice view though from the console... should have taken a picture..

Yesterday- 1 Samuel 17. The 5 smooth stones that can beat the Goliath's in our life.
Stone of - the past, prayer, priority, passion and persistence. (talk more later)


Today's another round.. going to do my best. gtg get ready soon.. haha..

Preparing my heart,
~Alice

No comments: